May 2021 🌼

Thursday, May 20, 2021


May has been better but still, such a struggle. It is hard to recover from something as devastating as losing a family member, and while I have good days, where sometimes, as bad as it sounds, I'll forget it for a little, and then it'll all come rushing back, with all the pain of a fresh wound. It's starting to scab over, but it'll take a while. And it'll leave a scar I'll always have.

I'm trying not to dwell. I'm trying to laugh, to remember, and love, just like I know my Grandpa would want.

One thing I've done to treat myself (some would argue I treat myself a bit too often) is go to a bookstore I've grown to really love, not far from where I live. They had a great sale going on and I got so many! It's called the Muddy Water Bookstore and it is located in Navasota, Texas, for any interested! They have new, old, and used books, and the owners are really cool and so friendly. It makes me feel good to support a small, local business. I've always dreamed of having a bookstore one day, and it is what I hope others would do for me. Oh, and did I mention they have a store dog named Dobby?



TV and Movies:

White House Farm (HBO) - This fascinating show, which came out in 2020, recounts the details of the White House Farm murders, which occurred in 1985 in Essex, England. The victims were June and Nevill Bamber, their adopted daughter Sheila, and her six-year-old twin sons Daniel and Nicholas. Originally, the cops assume it was a murder-suicide, with the fragile Sheila, who had been undergoing some mental health issues, assumed as the perpetrator. The only survivor is the adopted son, Jeremy Bamber. I think you can see where this is going...

The cast has been absolutely phenomenal so far, with Jeremy Bamber being played to charmingly cruel perfection by Freddie Fox. It also some of my other favorites actors, like Mark Addy, Gemma Whelan, and Stephen Graham. Definitely check it out if you're a True Crime lover like me!


Who I've Been Watching:

Ciara Foster - One of my go-to Youtubers when I need comfort and relaxation is Ciara Foster. She is so calm and soft-spoken, with such lovely visuals in her videos, that I can't help but feel my stress melt away! She has three channels, one for her Yoga, one for her books, and one for her vegan recipes! I highly recommend you make yourself a cup of tea, get cozy, and binge watch her channels!


Phone Case (ft. Salem)


Products I've Been Loving:

Phone Case by OhJessMarie - Since I got my new iPhone I've been wanting to get a cute case and I finally found the perfect one! I absolutely adore the sweet and rustic style of OhJessMarie's art on Redbubble. It fits with my current aesthetic obsession -- Cottage Core! If you like that, go over and check her stuff out. She's got stickers, totes, t-shirts, and of course, phone cases!


Ways to Help:

Navajo and Hopi Families COVID-19 Relief Fund

Stop AAPI Hate

Black Lives Matter

Help Inuit Save Our Future

Aid India's COVID Relief Fund

Edith Wilkin's Street Children Foundation, India

Donate to Palestine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS