Book Review: The No-Show by Beth O'Leary

Monday, April 11, 2022



The No-Show by Beth O'Leary
Length: 352 Pages
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

A special thanks to Berkley for an ARC of this book!

Trigger Warnings in this book for Miscarriage, Death, and Harassment

Siobhan is beautiful, quick-tempered and Irish. She is a life coach who seemingly has her own perfectly together. But after a disastrous breakup with a man she thought she loved, she has become an expert on pushing those she loves far away. Hookups are her way of life. No strings attached means no hard feelings.

Miranda is a tree-surgeon who is practical and, according to her younger twin sisters, boring. The only thrill she seems to crave comes from scaling trees and chopping down branches with a chainsaw. And sometimes gazing at the bearded and tattooed bad-boy at work, AJ. Too bad she's already taken.

Jane loves routine: she always chooses the same yogurt pot at the bakery, has certain clothes for certain days, and never reads more than one book a month. All of this is a way of coping after a scarring dismissal from a law firm in London, which came along with a scandal that still haunts her. Unfortunately, a sweet man with a love for books decides to make her his friend. Only Jane wishes they could be more.

What do all of these women have in common? They are all involved with the same charming, perfect, and thoughtful man: Joseph Carter.

I've been meaning to read some Beth O'Leary and so I was quite excited when I was contacted by the publisher to receive an early copy of her latest for review! The No-Show is wonderful, full of comedy and heartbreak and of course, love, and I relished every moment of it. I had an idea as to what the twist was, and although I turned out to be right, it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the book. All of the ladies have unique and strong personalities and I found myself wanting each one to find her happily ever after with Joseph, who is a memorable hero with tons of heart. This is a perfect summer read, one I can't recommend enough! If you're a fan of British rom-coms like Notting Hill, I think this will surely be your new favorite (and might I say young Hugh Grant would have played a perfect floppy-haired and bumbling Joseph).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS